Free Student Memberships – (Limited Places)
Thanks to generous donors wanting to provide opportunities for students, the Perth Artifactory Inc is able to offer to several tertiary students(Uni, Tafe, etc) – a free 3 month ‘Sponsored Student Membership’. This opportunity is open to tertiary students who are interested in design, artistic creativity, engineering, cosplay, music, electronics and who just want to make stuff. Members of the Artifactory will also support the successful applicants in the areas of their interests.
Applicants need to apply by mid January 2019 to be eligible.
The successful applicants will be notified before the end of January and gain membership to the Artifactory from the 2nd February until the 1st April 2019.
Interested applicants are to submit a 1 page proposal, addressing some of the following points:
- What opportunities does the Perth Artifactory offer you?
- What equipment can you see yourself using as part of your membership and for what?
- What sort of assistance do you think you will need from the existing Artifactory Members for your projects?
- Do you belong to any other Hacker/Maker spaces? If so, which?
- What campus will you attend in 2019?
- Are there any workshops/events being held at the Artifactory that you would like to attend or help facilitate?
- Could you see yourself running any sort of workshop in the future at the Artifactory? If so what?
- This opportunity is not open to current or past members of the Perth Artifactory Inc
- You must be a tertiary student for 2019 and be at least 18 years of age.
- 24/7 access to the Artifactory can be granted with this membership but it requires a key bond of $135 to be paid. The bond is refundable at the end of your membership.
- The Perth Artifactory Committee reserves the right to cancel your membership at any time.
- This membership is an Associate Membership under the Perth Artifactory Inc constitution and has no voting rights.
- Tool usage fees are payable on some Artifactory tools.
Please send applications to: apply @ artifactory.org.au