- Events Calendar
- Support Us
- Online Tools
Membership with the Artifactory provides:
Full / Concession
- Access to a communal workshop space located in an industrial estate, with indoor and outdoor work areas (excluding rehearsal room)
- Access to and usage of heavy duty tools, machines and facilities
- Discounts on Artifactory run Events and workshops
- Free WIFI, Small kitchenette and toilet facilities
- Access to The Artifactory Rehearsal Room with at least 3 rehearsal slots a month.
- Free entry for band members to Perth Artifactory run music related events. Including NoizeMaschin!! and the ModularSynth
- Free WIFI, Small kitchenette and toilet facilities
- Casual user rates apply to band members to access tools/machines/workshop.
Who can be a member?
Members’ minors are welcome to use the Artifactory but must remain under parental/guardian supervision.
The Artifactory is mainly funded by its memberships and all funds received go towards keeping the Artifactory doors open.
Small costs apply for all membership levels for major tools use.
|Full Membership||24/7 Access if you also pay a 3 month key bond**||$75 per Month|
|Concession Membership||Same as full membership available for students & otherwise starving hackers. Students may also wish to apply for one of our limited 3 month “Free Student Memberships” funded by generous supporters.||$45 per Month|
|Band Membership||Membership provides access to The Artifactory Rehearsal Room with at least 3 rehearsal slots a month. Does not give free access to Artifactory tools/workshop space. A one month key bond is payable too upon joining. Maximum of 6 memberships. Contact RehearsalroomATartifactory.org.au for more details.||$100 per Month|
Members who wish to have 24/7 access are required to maintain a bond equivalent to 3 months membership at their membership level for RFID card access.**
|Casual Use Rate
||Need to use the tools for a day = $10 + additional costs apply for major tool usage.
Note: outside of one of the regular workshop or events, you need to find a Artifactory member willing to grant you access and stick around while you do your making.
|$10+ per day|
How do I join?
Our memberships is managed through TidyHq
To become an official member:
- Make an account on TidyHq
- Subscribe and purchase the membership tier you would like.
- Once payment is confirmed an invoice/receipt will be sent and you can start using the Artifactory just like a member. Note: Your membership will only be formally ratified at a Committee meeting after you join, you will be contacted and refunded if not.
The following is the suggested path to joining the Artifactory
- Register your interest by joining as a visitor. This is OPTIONAL. It will prompt a committee member that you are interested in joining the Artifactory.
- Visit the space a few times (Wednesday Nights and Saturday’s are best). Visiting is generally FREE subject to particular workshops and events(check the Calendar). Before visiting, check the webcams to see if people are there first.
- If you make something at the space as a Casual user, using resources (tools, consumables, etc) place some money in the honour box or send a bank transfer. Bank account details are on the wall near the Laser Cutters.
- Join as member via TidyHQ for a few months make sure you’re getting value out of the space.
- If you then want 24/7 access pay your bond and get an RFID key to the space. The bond is equivalent to 3 months membership. Enquiries to email@example.com (NOTE: We can only start arranging an RFID key for you after you have joined as a member.)
For your initial visits to the Artifactory come along to any of the events shown on the calendar.
Check our Calendar or Facebook page to see when the next Open day/ New member training day is on to come check out the space. (Open days are usually held the first Saturday of every month)
You can also address enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Tool Costs:
Whilst the membership fee allows access to our many machines, some of which have an additional timed cost for use, this allows for money to go towards to maintaining and upkeep of the machines.
- Member Rate:
- Big Red $0.20 per minute rounded up to the nearest dollar.
- Little Red/Kellogg $0.10 per minute rounded up to the nearest dollar.
- Casual User Rate:
- $5 per 10 minutes rounded up to the nearest $5.
Welding with Gas
- Member Rate: $15 an hour (If using gas)
- Casual User Rate: $20 an hour
Member Rate: $0.05 per gram rounded up the nearest dollar
Casual User Rate: $0.20 per gram rounded up the nearest dolla
- Member Rate: $0.05 per minute rounded up to the nearest dollar if using your own tooling.
- Member Rate: $0.10 per minute rounded up to the nearest dollar if using Artifactory tooling.
- Casual User Rate: $5 per 10 minutes rounded up to the nearest $5
NOTE: You must be Artifactory Trained to use these Machines even if you have experience with the listed machines prior to joining.
Our Sponsors and Partners
Alby's ALBY MADE grant helped us revamp our design lab and offer a wider range of workshops for our members!
We are proudly supported by LotteryWest grants that help us buy awesome equipment to do awesome things!
Huge thanks to Pentanet for providing the Perth Artifactory with mind blowing internet speeds!
Thanks to Supanova for giving us the opportunity to show off the space and our creations at Supanova Perth!
A big thank-you to Web In A Box for helping us out with their fantastic Web Hosting platform, you wouldn't be reading this without it!